Hi, friends! My name is Amanda, and this is my blog. I’m a new[ish] wife just starting out in the career world. I spent most of my twenties traveling and checking off boxes on my life’s to-do list. My husband and I have recently settled in Philadelphia (for now…).
- My husband, Andre, is from England, and we met (at the gym!) while I lived there from 2012-2015.
- We have two of the weirdest, sweetest, non-cat-like cats that grace this earth. I’m mildly obsessed.
- I have a degree in teaching, and a graduate degree in psychology. I’ve cooked professionally, made my fair share of wedding cakes, and spent a year working with the homeless. Now I work in payroll and technology, though my heart will always be in the restaurant business.
- In my spare time you’ll find me either eating, cooking, powerlifting, wandering around town, or soaking up time with my husband and family.
- I have a do-it-now-rather-than-later mindset. I don’t take chances on later actually showing up.
- My goal in life is to bring as much love into this world as I can.
Why Upliphted? I believe our attitude impacts every corner of our lives. And I believe a positive attitude can help joy and gratitude find its way to you. That’s not to say that life won’t get you down sometimes, but there are always things out there to make you feel uplifted. Also, lifting heavy things is kind of my passion. And I live in Philly where we frequently use “ph” in place of “f,” such as in words like “phanatic” and “phuc…” You get the idea. You can read more about my focus for this blog in my first post.