Oh, June. You were here and gone in what felt like only a week. It’s a good thing I got a lot out of you.
I love reading about what people are digging lately, so here are a few things that top my list this month:
- Iced Americano with sugar-free mocha from Starbucks. This has been a pleasant change from my normal hot, black morning coffee. On particularly humid days I like to pick up one of these on my way to the pool. Really, does it get much better than that?
- Rolled ice cream like this batch from Sweet Charlie’s, located right outside Washington Square. My husband and I noticed quite the queue when we walked by one night last month. That’s been the case every time we’ve walked by since. It was raining one evening so we took our chances, and instead of the usual 45-minute wait, it was only about 20 minutes. Was it worth it? Heck yes. Cinnamon Toast Crunch ice cream with donuts, coconut, and sprinkles? You need this.
- MAC’s eye shadow in “cork” for contouring. I recently went to Chicago to meet some of my closest internet friends in person for the first time. I was lucky enough to share a room with my dear friend, Sarah, who also happens to be a makeup goddess. I’ve used this color as eye shadow for years, but Sarah taught me that this also happens to be the perfect color for contouring and I will be forever grateful.
- Peonies. They’re still around and I’m getting my fix while I can to hold me over until next spring. The peony garden we found in Tokyo is what dreams (and my site banner) are made of.
- Food Psych, a podcast by Christy Harrison. I like to listen poolside or during my morning strolls. My graduate degree focused on psychology and eating behaviors, so I love hearing about how people have developed their unique relationship with food.
- Urban Outfitters’ nail polish in “Tutu.” This is easily my go-to color for all seasons. I go through phases of polish and no polish, but I’ve been rocking it lately. The sparkle goes with any outfit, and I love how it makes my rose gold wedding rings stand out. You know glitter polish takes years to come off, so I can usually get away with touching it up once a week (hello, low maintenance!). Plus, you can’t beat the price.
What are you loving this month?